You may not be aware of it, but gum disease could be silently lurking in your mouth right now. The early stages of this condition often don’t show any symptoms you can spot at home. At Beautiful Dentistry, we’ll always inspect your mouth for gum disease at your routine checkups. If you need it, our Tempe gum disease treatment will help you:
- Put your oral health back on track
- Avoid tooth and bone loss
- Make it easier to eat
- Reduce tooth sensitivity to hot and cold
Get your gum health under control! Call us today at 480-568-1204 to schedule an appointment for gum treatment. You’ll find our office at 2125 E. Warner Road, Suite 101 – near the intersection of Warner Road and Price Freeway. We offer both early morning and late afternoon appointments.
Scaling & Root Planing Will Rid Your Gums of Disease
If you’re having trouble with your gums, you’re in the right place. Left untreated, gum disease can lead to tooth and bone loss. Dr. Sobieraj and our team can provide you with treatment for your gums that will restore them to health.
The most common way to do this is through a “deep cleaning” process using scaling and root planing. Here’s what we’ll do:
- We’ll first use a special dental instrument to scale (or remove) built-up plaque, tartar, and bacteria from around and below your gumline. We’ll make sure to pay special attention to hard-to-reach areas where there might be significant pockets of infection.
- Next, we’ll plane (or smooth) your teeth roots to make it more difficult for bacteria to collect there. With a smooth surface, bacteria growth is deterred, and you’ll have healthier gums.
- Depending on your situation, we may need to repeat this process every few months to keep your mouth free from gum disease.