If you have obstructive sleep apnea, you may not even remember when you last woke up feeling rested and refreshed. Worse, other members of your household may not sleep well either. They may be disturbed by noisy snoring or scary interruptions in your breathing that cause you to gasp for air. Let us treat your sleep apnea in Tempe so you – and your loved ones – can rest easy again.Get a Better Night's Sleep Read Transcript
When it comes to sleep apnea … so I had a patient the other day, he came in and he was looking to do implants. And the craziest thing is I did a cone beam CT scan, and I have an airway analysis, and we were able to look at his airway. He only had a one-millimeter-wide airway standing, and he had high blood pressure, everything was going on. So by us finding this – this is an important feature that we have the technology to see stuff before even a general medical doctor is able to provide the information. So we do offer sleep apnea devices. The devices that we provide usually move the jaw forward, the lower jaw forward. And we can calibrate the device itself by putting an ultrasound material into your mouth. And while you're breathing, it tests how much space in the airway you have. It's a crazy thing. So I just slowly adjust it, and I can move it forward and back, however I want to get the maximized airway possible.
Our sleep apnea treatment will:
- Keep your airway clear so you can breathe easily all night
- Offer a more comfortable alternative to a CPAP machine
- Improve your health by reducing your risk for the many health conditions associated with apnea, like high blood pressure and stroke
- Make you less irritable from lack of sleep, so you’ll get along better with coworkers, family, and friends
- Help you stay more focused and alert throughout the day
If your snoring is bothering you – or others in your household – call us today at 480-568-1204 for a free sleep apnea consultation with Dr. Sobieraj. If you’d prefer, ask about it at your next dental exam, just $59 for new patients. He can help you arrange a sleep test and determine which kind of sleep apnea treatment is right for you.
Keep the Peace With a Non-Disruptive Alternative to CPAP
A CPAP machine is a commonly prescribed treatment for obstructive sleep apnea. It keeps your airway open by sending a steady stream of pressurized air into your throat. It also requires you to wear a face mask and will make some noise, both of which can be distracting for you and your bed partner.
Dr. Sobieraj can fit you for a custom sleep apnea appliance. Like a CPAP, it works by keeping your airway clear. It does so simply by moving your jaw forward. Most sleep apnea patients find it:
- More Comfortable – An oral appliance looks and feels a lot like a sports mouthguard. There is no mask or tubing. You also won’t wake up with a dry throat.
- Easier to Use – A CPAP requires distilled water as well as electricity or batteries. You won’t need any of those things with an appliance. You can easily take it with you anywhere.
For relief from sleep apnea in Tempe, make an appointment by calling us at 480-568-1204, or simply now.