Some aches and pains are normal. If you start working out after a period of inactivity, you can expect some sore muscles at first. Consistent nagging jaw pain isn’t normal and may indicate you have a TMJ disorder, a condition in which the joints that connect your jaw to your skull become inflamed. Fortunately, our team can help with TMJ treatment in Tempe.
With our oral appliance treatment, you will:
- Regain normal range of motion in your jaw, so you can eat and speak without pain
- Experience fewer headaches and other uncomfortable TMJ symptoms
- Stop grinding your teeth and clenching your jaw, two habits that can lead to TMJ pain
- Give your jaw a chance to heal
- Keep pain from spreading from your jaw to other areas of your body
- Sleep more comfortably and wake without a sore jaw
Don’t suffer from chronic jaw pain. Ask us about it at your next dental exam. If you don’t want to wait, call us today at 480-568-1204 for a free consultation. If you’re a new patient, ask about our special offer of a comprehensive exam and X-rays for just $59.
A Splint Will Ease Your TMJ Pain
No one knows exactly what causes TMJ disorders (TMDs). However, it’s common for those with TMDs to clench their jaw and/or grind their teeth. These habits, which are often linked to stress, frequently occur during sleep – so you may not even be aware of them. Our team looks for evidence of these behaviors during your exams. In addition to irritating your TMJ, they can damage your teeth so badly that you may require restorative dentistry.
Dr. Sobieraj may suggest a splint that will:
- Move your jaw into a position that relieves pressure on your TMJ
- Improve the alignment of your bite
- Help you enjoy a better night’s rest and wake without jaw pain
- Prevent damaged enamel, dental sensitivity, and other issues related to grinding (called bruxism)